Thursday 20 August 2015






QPR-Bound Ikeme: I Doubted Eagles Call-Up

Wolverhampton Wanderers goalkeeper Carl Ikeme has admitted that he thought someone was joking with him when he was informed of his first international call-up for the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
The 29-year-old will join up with the Super Eagles squad for their Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Tanzania next weekend in Abuja.
Meanwhile, Ikeme is reportedly attracting interest from Queens Park Rangers, who were relegated to the Championship from the Premier League last season.
Ikeme who pledged his allegiance to Nigeria years back will now challenge Super Eagles skipper Vincent Enyeama for a place in the side.
“When the message and the phone call came I thought someone was winding me up to start with,” he told the BCC.
“I spoke to the coach and it started to make more sense and I realised it was none of my cousins winding me up or anything like that.”
Ikeme was surprisingly dropped for Wolves’ home game against Hull City on Sunday in favour of Emiliano Martinez after his error in the defeat against Blackburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment